with electric love

....gailsfknawesome

Everyday we wake up and go about our day doing our daily routine. Sometimes we forget to say or show thanks to those we love. Sometimes we're just too busy updating our facebook statuses, posting new tweets, or reading random blog posts. Sometimes we're just too busy trying to fit in our 30 min cardio session between work and grocery shopping for dinner before being glued to the television because Monday Night Football is on. Sometimes we just forget. And sadly, most of the time we take them for granted. Then we have Thanksgiving as the one day to be thankful, when in reality, we should really be thankful every day. I don't get to see my family as much as I wish I could but I do think about them a lot. This weekend the thoughts were mutual and my heart was touched.

Yesterday, we added a new member to our already ginormous family. My Cousin Lani married her love, Shaun, in beautiful San Francisco. I planned on going and even sent in my R.S.V.P. however, my work schedule didn't allow me to attend and tickets were just as expensive as flying to Hawaii by the time I was able to buy them. Being that I was already homesick it was hard for me to handle that I was also missing my home away from home. Nonetheless, last night my tears of sadness turned into tears of happiness. As I laid in bed wishing I was in SF with my fam, they were partying at the wedding wishing I was with them. Since my name card was already printed, it was passed around amongst the cousins, nieces, aunts, and uncles as a visual reminder that I really was in their thoughts. My cousins wrote the most hilarious and most sweet captions to each photo. I teared to myself and thought ,"I have THE BEST fam ever and I'm so very grateful."
"Truly blessed and nothing less." - The Grouch


3 comments:

Mouf.Peace said...

OMG THATS AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

"truly blessed nothing less..."

gailey said...

thanks for reminding baby! i forgot about that quote. =/ imma change my blog title.

Post a Comment