with electric love

....gailsfknawesome

Jul 6, 2009

SoulMates

It's been 1 week since the bff moved here to Vegas and I must say, I am quite happy!!

However, I know as for the rest of the girls back home, they probably hate Vegas by now for taking another one of us. And after last week, we are officially cut in half. Half of us here on the mainland (in SF & Vegas) and the other half back on the rock.

I've met a lot of people and I've deepened many friendships here at my home in the city of sin. And I am beyond grateful for everything and everyone. But, of course it's just not the same. The chemistry and the love just isn't the same. They aren't "my girls!" They aren't the girls who you call at 3am just to vent or laugh for whatever reason. They aren't the girls who you can have weekly Starbucks sessions to "talk stories" even if we've seen each other over the week and spent the entire weekend together! They aren't the girls who you can go over to their house, lay on the bed, and not say a word just because you love their company. They aren't the girls who make you their guinea pig when they learn how to make outfits outta shirts, or sew halloween costumes, or wax your pits/pubes, or curl your lashes. They aren't the girls who can out drink most of the guys at the bar. They aren't the girls that spend the whole night on the dance floor forgetting that they're not the only ones who loves the song, "Happy People". They aren't the girls who tell you straight up if your outfit or the guy you're checking out is hot or not. They aren't the girls who wipe you up when you're wasted in the restroom stall or make sure you got a plastic bag in the car before they dine in Zippys. They aren't the girls who aren't afraid to go in breakdance/house circles to battle. They aren't the girls who are the most fun and most loud in the car on the way to the club. They aren't the girls who would go on random nature adventures regardless if it's day or night. They aren't the girls who are down for whatever, whenever. They aren't the girls who you have an argument with, talk about it, solve the issue/misunderstanding, forgive, move on without grudges or talking shit, and be back to their normal fun selves by the time Grey's Anatomy gets back from commercial.

Because of this, I'm sometimes homesick and wish my closet can teleport me to them anytime I want. But regardless of the distance between us, we still remain close. And when we reunite, it feels as if none of us never even left.



Just like how Carrie Bradshaw in an episode of Sex and the City said it, I don't have 1 soulmate ... I have 9.

5 comments:

Mouf.Peace said...

awwwwww. my fave is the "come over the house and say nothing to each other" part me and ness used to do that all the time lol. i'm sorry gail i love u BUT U ARE NOT TOUCHIN MY PUBES lmao.

Anonymous said...

as do i miss my friends back home too

Anonymous said...

i'll let u wax my pubes any day. LMAO.

Unknown said...

**TEAR!! They aren't the girls that hurt when u hurt or cry when u cry...they aren't the girls that u talk in secret code or lingo and dont have to explain it... because they just aren't.

But yess, when we reunite it's dangerous! Watch out world!!!! LOL and it's always better when we're together! like u quoted b4 "truly blessed and nothing less.." i <3 US!

this blog makes me reminise...how time passes and ALL that we've been through over the years... we went thru LIFE changing experiences "2gether" all of us, at the same time. I'm happy u wrote this blog... i hope all the girls have the chance to read it! love you! because they arent the girls that say "i love you" and truly mean it! ;)

Unknown said...

Awwww I'm totally feelin this!!! It still amazes me how we all became friends and just have that connection. Whenever I tell others about how we met, I am in awe and it puts a real big smile on my face. No one can compare a love like this we have for each other. Now this is what I call "friendship"! And to think of it, besides my bf, I'm not shame to be naked in front of y'all too. Seeing our friends get engaged, get married and have kids made me see that we are growing older and I know we will all grow old together. We will all be those old nanas always going Vegas to gamble instead of going clubbing! Luv u Gail!

Post a Comment