with electric love

....gailsfknawesome

The Roots performed a song for their upcoming album, "How I Got Over" on Late night with Jimmy Fallon last night. And for those who don't know, The Roots are the house band for the show! Checked it out!



It's been a little over a year since their last album, "Rising Down", was release and I never expected they would be coming out with an album so soon (even with Questlove's tweets about it), which is titled "How I Got Over." I'm super excited! It drops August or October of this year! Black Thought stated that it'll be a more positive album, as opposed to their last two, as it'll reflect the relief the band feels at the end of the Bush administration and the beginning of the Obama presidency. The album will be featuring Beanie Sigel, Young Chris, Chrisette Michelle, Blu, Phonte of Little Brother, Pharoahe Monch, and Cody ChestnuTT!!! Did I say how excited I am?!!!

I am a HUGE fan and probably more than anyone really knows. I love love LOVE how they use live instrumentals with their jazzy and eclectic beats. Not to mention their lyrics are fkn sick! I'm proud to say I own every Roots album ... even the Jazz tribute to The Roots made by Smooth Jazz All Stars. I've watch them live twice at the 2007 Rock The Bells in San Francisco and at a more intimate setting at the House of Blues here in Vegas. They'll be here again in Vegas next month to do a poolside show at the Hard Rock Hotel... yes you heard right... POOLSIDE!! Oh AND I got free tickets to the show too!! How great is that?!

2 comments:

½ Man ½ Amazin' said...

*DOPE BLOGPOST such a HUGE FAN huh? hahahaha lol! on dat note, maybe u cud check this out THE LEGENDARY EP & THE ROOTS COME ALIVE (2) DISC LIVE ALBUM. uhmmm i tink it's Rare commodity not a lot of ppl know bout it even WIKI didn't even mention this 2 joints....prolly knoe bout it alredy? stay COOL & PEACE out!

gailey said...

THANKS!!!!

yesss... their albums are good. hearing them live makes you feel like you're there huh?! i love it! plus, extra bonus tracks are always good!

Post a Comment