Grand Puba should need no introduction. This cat has been around for more than 20 years starting as a former member of the legendary "conscious rap" group, Brand Nubian. Grand Puba put out 3 albums with his last album released waaaay back in 2001. And guess what? He's Back!! Once hip hop's most conflicted artist, Grand Puba is now older and wiser. His latest track, "I See Dead People", featuring Rell and Lord Jamar has become one of my favorites of his. Track starts off with some smooth groove feel and vocals on head banging beats. Lyrics are crazy deep, it's unexplainable.
"How can you know where you're going / if you don't know where you've been" ... "I know we got a black man in the White House / But there’s still black fans with the lights out.”
I'm not black and I'm not trying to be, but being a minority I do believe in equal rights and equal opportunities for everyone regardless of race and ethnicity. It's been the constant struggle for centuries. This track reminds us of where we came from, how far we've gotten, and our constant struggles. It inspires us to continue to fight for what we believe in and what we stand for... for us and our future children.
This track is off his newest album, "Retroactive", that dropped recently and it kicks the truth!! "Retroactive" features production by Q-Tip, Large Professor, Grand Puba himself and more, and guest appearances from Sarah Martinez, Kid Capri, Q-Tip, Lord Jamar, Sadat X, and Large Professor to name just a few.
This track is off his newest album, "Retroactive", that dropped recently and it kicks the truth!! "Retroactive" features production by Q-Tip, Large Professor, Grand Puba himself and more, and guest appearances from Sarah Martinez, Kid Capri, Q-Tip, Lord Jamar, Sadat X, and Large Professor to name just a few.

Go out and get your hands on this album and do your ears and soul some good!
2 comments:
showin' LOVE<3 right back @ cha.
totally didn't knoe PUBA came out wid a NEW album. das a Nice heads^, thanx! recently copped "SADAT X's Brand New Bein'" tho. it's funny how I coincidently found it jus peepin' around @ a local best buy. lol!
"How can you know where you going, if you dont know where you've been"--
A wise professor once told me "Know History Know Self, No History No self." The first thing that came to mind when I heard the hook. Then when Puba spit the "pull a tree of the roots and you kill of the fruits" it further reinforced that concept. We have to dig deeper to find truth like we dig deeper to find good music.
Post a Comment