with electric love

....gailsfknawesome

Oct 1, 2009

Jurassic 5 Concert

J5, the classic LA group born in the early 90's stemming from two groups called, Unity Committee and the Rebels of Rhythm. They rocked hip hop throughout the past decade and a half delivering to us 4 albums of raw beat and rhyme from recognizable and excellent DJs and rappers - Chali 2na, Soup, Cut Chemist, DJ Nu-Mark, Akil , and Mark 7even. Unfortunately, today the group is no longer together, but their music still remains in the the heads and hearts of hip hop. They just dropped their last album, "The Feedback", in July of that and I was lucky to catch their show only a few months before they broke up. Over the years, their style has minutely changed but their quality was always under control.

Event: Jurassic 5 Concert

Date: November 25, 2006
Location: Pipeline Cafe, Honolulu, HI
Status: General Admission
Price: $35
Location in Crowd: 3rd-5th row from the stage
Companion: Tricia, Laur, & Matt

Before the doors were open, the line of music hungry fans was wrapped around the building. Over hundreds of fans showed up. They played most of their hits and added some fresh freestylin' sets in both the emceeing and djing elements. The crowd was far from silent as everyone, myself included, rapped their rhymes and bobbed their heads.
"...my quality control, captivates your party patrol
Your mind, body, and soul..."






You have to take a listen to this clip. DJ Nu-Mark did a set with these toys and it was fkn amazing!! Since I didn't have room for video on my camera, I copped this from p1naypr1ncess. (thanks girl).



3 comments:

½ Man ½ Amazin' said...

wut a coincedence....I was @ dat concert too 3 yrs. ago. DAMNNNN!

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have a fulled life! I want to be you Ms. Gail!hahaha...........Take care!

gailey said...

!/2Man.... that concert was DOPE!!!

Post a Comment