with electric love

....gailsfknawesome

Oct 3, 2009

Freestyle Jam Concert

I was born in '81. I grew up listening to synthesized 80's pop music and dancing with my hair in the srcunchie tied to the side. I have to admit, I love the 80's and the music plays a big part on why. This era was fun, upbeat, and alive to say the least. And I believe only those who really experienced this era would understand. To this day, you can catch me at the gym working out to 80's music for a good sweat session. Every so often the famous artist of the 80's get together to do a national tour. Since I haven't seen them live when I was kid, I felt lucky I had my chance. I couldn't turn this concert down.

Event: Freestyle Jam Concert
Date: May 15, 2009
Location: Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas
Status: General Admission
Price: $40
Location in Crowd: moved from 20th row to 10th row from the stage
Companion: Jae, EJ, Marjorie, Sheryl, Sherry, & Emilio


I went with good company who were of course fellow fans. Considering these artists had their initial music breakthrough over 20 years ago, the concert was a GREAT turn out. The demographics consisted mostly of females who were in their late 20s or older. Once the music started and the lights went on, the teen bopper in me came out.!! I was off my seat, dancing and singing to all the lyrics. It was nostalgic. The crowd moved their bodies and voices to Stevie B, Debbie Deb, Expose, and other artists. I have to say they sounded exactly like how they did 20 years ago!! I was ecstatic to know that I added another "check" to my music bucket list.
"... Party your body I can make you feel like.
Party your body
dancing to the morning light..."
"...When I dream about you, that’s when everything’s all right,
You're in my arms here next to me, forever...." - Stevie B

"...I, I'd like to feel the passion to the point of no returnnnn..." - Expose

"...Jumping music, slick deejays, fog machines and laser rays..." - Debbie Deb

"...Let the music play. he won't get away..." - Shannon

We were able to meet and greet with the artists, get our albums signed, and even got to kick it with Stevie and his band post show. Totally awesome to the max!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment