On various blogs I follow, I saw postings and raves about a new and upcoming Mayer Hawthorne - a producer, singer, writer, rapper, instrumentalist, etc. Of course the curious music sponge that I am, I peeked at one song and its video. I feel in love with it in a heartbeat. The bf had a copy of Hawthorne's "A Strange Arrangement" album a month prior to its future release and I was able to listen to the whole album. On repeat for days on end. The album release date is on September 12. Not a question that it'll be a part of my collection.
Hawthorne's R&B tracks are definitely outta the ordinary. Album gives off a very vintage soulful Smokey Robinson like sound to it. Beats are music to my ears and there is an evident influence by J.Dilla. What makes this album so unique is that there was never too much publicity or advertisement on his album or even on him but he gained mad respect from a lot of music lovers. It just goes to show that this really IS good music and that artists still care about what they love.
1 comments:
I'm with you on that Gailey. It's been on constant rotation since I got it the day it dropped, with the bonus 4-inch vinyl. Love the LP!
He came through Chicago this past Friday...and it was the BOMB performance. If only Fallon would have The Mayer drop by for his musical guest some time...vibin' out with The Roots--not saying his band, The County, ain't good.
Post a Comment