with electric love

....gailsfknawesome

Jul 29, 2009

San Diego Randomness

G: When are your days off this week?
D: Tuesday Wednesday!
G: Me too! Let's do something!
D: Hmmm... let's go to San Diego!!
G: OMG! Let's!

And that was how it went down. Easy as 123. Road trips are one of the perks of living on the mainland! And the best thing about it, it was spontaneous and random! So the roomie and I rounded up some people and headed towards the ocean. Thanks to Julia, Devin, Kat for letting us crash on their couch and being our tour guides.

Arrived in SD about 11pm. First stop: Midgetland. Yes you heard me right.... and they are living large! Basically, it's a community of lil houses for little people. Think Hawaii Loa Ridge Estates but with tiny doors, windows, and fences. So cute. We didn't take pics 'cuz we didn't wanna disturb the lil guys.

Next Stop: The Haunted Whaley House. Built in the 1850's on grounds that was served as gallops. The House was used as a home for the Whaley family and a court house where back in the days punishment would result in hanging of the criminal's head. There have been many ghost sightings in the house and was named America's #1 Hunted House by Travel Channel due to it's consistency of the ghost sightings. It was so scary, I didn't even get outta the car. Derrick took this pick and if you look closely, you can see a ghost I swear to you! She is standing at the front door looking out the window dressed in 1800's attire. Oh my goodness I just had goose bumps looking at the photo.

Day 1: Started the day with a hike up Razor Point at the Torrey Pines National Park. The view of the ocean was beautiful. Oh Pacific Ocean, how I miss you so!

Lunch was at Point Loma Seafood Restaurant! OMFG... the sammiches were THE SHIT! Many locals suggested this resturant a must try! Rachel Ray even did a special on her show about it. This restaurant makes their sandwiches so fresh! We ordered, soft shell crab sandwich, the biggest scallop sandwich, the favorite crabcake sandwich, halibut fish and sticks, fries, and clam chowder... and everything was an "under the sea" party in my mouth.

After lunch, we rented some Beach Cruisers on the pier and brought it on the Ferry to Coronado Island for a ride. It was the most FUN, relaxing, and beautiful experience I've ever had in San Diego. The BF and I shared a tandem bike. I felt like I was being packed on the motorcycle except that I had to work the pedals too.

We stopped and scoped out the Farmer's Market! The veggies and fruits looked so fresh and delicious! Too bad the weather in Vegas is so shetty to grow fresh food.
After a long day of sunshine activities and a needed nap, we had dinner at a random Korean Japanese restaurant which was surprisingly good. Nightlife on a Tuesday night was well... interesting. Went to The Office, where the night before was Reggae Night. The night we went to was "Ladies Night." Not the typical ladies get in free night...but the "out of the ordinary I love ladies night. " We then went to A/C Lounge which was a cool venue that played the smooth jazz, salsa, hip hop, and neosoul.

Day 2: Another day of sunshine at Balboa Park. I've been to the park with the BF while back, but the park is so HUGE that I still haven't seen half of it on these two trips! Being surrounded by greenery was simply just great.

Lunch was at the Old Town Mexican Cafe in Old San Diego. They're tortillas are made fresh by hands of real people using the old school stone fryers. Real Mexican food never tasted so good.

The Whaley House was right across the street of the restaurant and we wanted to see the haunted house behind its doors, especially after our experience the night before. We bought tickets to step foot in the house accompanied by a tour. the house smelled really old. Most of the furniture are the real thing from the 1800s. It didn't seem as scary as I thought only because there were a lot of us. We showed the workers our picture and said that the female looking out the window looks similar to the female ghost on the first floor. Also there is no records of any of the workers being in the house at that time. Dun Dun Dun.

Our Mini San Diego vakay ended at none other then Access Hip Hop. I swear, I can't get enough of that place. Talked to our buddy Norm and left the store with a few albums and mixes.

I love days off. But I love them more when spontaneity is at its best!

i <3 SD.

0 comments:

Post a Comment