with electric love

....gailsfknawesome

So, after Rachel inspired me to make some blog on this thing, i gave in. Here I am. I've always written journals and kept dairies, but never exposed myself, nor had anyone break through my inner most feelings about everything and anything.

It was summer of 2002, the most dreadful summer of my life. I was dealing with a stupid cheating boyfriend, who in fact verbally and emotional abused me. I was dealing with parents who turned their back on me for some ex-boyfriend in the past. I was busy with nursing school and trying to keep myself sane at the same time. And I was trying to recuperate friendships that I've grown away from due to that stupid cheating insecure boyfriend.

Laur, the bff, gave me an inspirational paperback book compiled of quotes and poems from various artists. I eventually bought more similar books. As my first blog entry, I decided to post a poem i remembered . This poem changed my life.... it made it better. This poem gave me strength and motivation to seek the happiness i deserved.

Autobiography In Five Short Chapters
By: Portia Nelson

Chapter I
I walk down the street, there is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost ... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter II
I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It takes a long time to get out.

Chapter III
I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it there.
I still fall in... it's a habit ... but,
my eyes are open.
I know where i am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter IV
I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter V
I walk down another street.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i REALLY like this poem.

Post a Comment